2020, an unusual editon
The pause button was on for many long months, synonymous with the music industry’s current silence and instability. This unprecedented situation and the global impact of Covid-19 has sent shock waves throughout our business sector – like many others.
It is now time come to come together again, united and in solidarity, to exchange, discuss, agree to disagree and take our fate into our own hands. In times of trouble we must move forward, give a glimmer of hope and look to the future.
And this is the reason why, in this current climate of anxiety and uncertainty, MaMA 2020 must be now more than ever the event that brings together all actors in the industry. It is the opportunity to make an initial impact assessment of this incomparable crisis and come up with prospects which will condition our common future.
To ensure that MaMA goes ahead smoothly in Paris this 14, 15 and 16 October, MaMA will implement the necessary health measures to ensure everyone’s safety (controlled flow of pedestrian movement, hand sanitizer, face coverings, social distancing…).
This year’s convention, reserved for accredited industry professionals, shall mainly focus on the post-pandemic assessment and prospects for the future. As usual, MaMA 2020 will offer a whole host of talks and conferences, featuring a large number of French and international names who will come share their experience and opinions.
MaMA’s live offering shall feature around 70 concerts across seven different venues in the Pigalle neighbourhood over three days. All concerts must comply with strict health measures. This means that they will be seated events only with social distancing measures requiring unoccupied seats between people, thus reducing the capacity and limiting the number of accredited guests who can come watch.
Unfortunately, all these restrictions mean we are unable to manage the usual capacity – and for this we sincerely regret. For this reason, MaMA will not be able to accommodate the general public at its evening concerts, and so this year’s festival edition is reserved exclusively for accredited industry professionals.
Until that time comes, we can’t wait to finally be reunited altogether again, both the general public with all industry actors, next year at our three-day event.
What does a “special MaMA” mean?
- As reception capacities are limited, only accredited professionals will have access to all activities and concerts
- All conference, meeting and concert venues will welcome professionals in a seated configuration, with social distancing measures requiring unoccupied seats between people, and wearing a face covering
- In the program :
- 140 panels, workshops, keynotes, networking activities in the 4 usual convention venues: Elysée-Montmartre, Trianon, Lycée J.Decour & FGO-Barbara
- 70 concerts during the day and in the evening in the following venues: Backstage By the Mill, Machine du Moulin Rouge (Bar à Bulles entrance), Trois Baudets, Cigale, Boule Noire and FGO-Barbara
- For those who could not physically come, you will have the opportunity to follow all the conferences live on live.mamafestival.com and replay.
MaMA 2020, the new map
Unlimited access for 3 days to all the activities (panels, networking, daytime and evening concerts), in all the venues, subject to availability.health measures to ensure everyone’s safety (controlled flow of pedestrian movement, hand sanitizer, face coverings, social distancing…) 3-DAYS DELEGATE PASS = 140€
Unfortunately, all these restrictions mean we are unable to manage the usual capacity and will not be able to accommodate the general public at our evening concerts. All public tickets will be refunded to everyone as soon as possible. Festival pass refund modalities here